The acquisition made HotCopper a division of Bourse Data. In 2001, Bourse Data merged with St.George Bank, which reprivatized and sold HotCopper to private pursuits. The Financial Arena then sold HotCopper to Perth-primarily based firm Report Card Pty Ltd via a deal brokered by Tony Cunningham in 2004. The web site first got here to prominence in 1997 when an oil discovery in Manila was reported in a post on HotCopper producing forty five,000 hits.
- Another investor is Metals X chief executive Peter Cook, who is listed with 1.5 million shares through a family company.
- The Australian-primarily based, ASX-listed stock forum is a scorching-bed of darkish ops investor relations and pump-and-dump operations.
- The web site makes most of its money from advertising and as an ‘investor relations software’ for ASX-listed companies in search of exposure to its substantial person base of retail punters and investors.
- It has about 248,000 registered members and about 500,000 month-to-month distinctive guests to the positioning.
- YPB Group Limited, together with its subsidiaries, sells, markets, and develops anti-counterfeiting, anti-theft, product authentication, and consumer engagement solutions to model homeowners.
These shares are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are nice buys right now. The meeting is probably the most concrete indication but that China’s unprecedented antitrust crackdown, which started late final year with billionaire Jack Ma’s Alibaba enterprise empire, could quickly goal different internet behemoths. Given that Hotcopper Holdings did not make a revenue within the final twelve months, we’ll focus on income growth to type a quick view of its enterprise growth. Generally talking, companies with out earnings are expected to grow revenue every year, and at a good clip. That’s as a result of fast revenue progress may be simply extrapolated to forecast profits, typically of appreciable dimension. Small Caps and affiliated companies accept no duty for any declare, loss or damage on account of information supplied or its accuracy.
Hotcopper Holdings (asx: Sizzling)
Shareholders have seen the share price fall at 19% per year, for three years. This implies the market had larger expectations of Hotcopper Holdings. However, that is prior to now now, and it’s the longer term is extra necessary – and the longer term appears brighter .
The stock-tipping discussion board has switched auditors just as its full-years accounts must be prepared for log off. But is the current trailing value-to-earnings ratio of forty six times justified? Shareholders should assume HotCopper has much more untapped earnings potential up its sleeve. In the thread subject lists and even within the threads themselves. With a hard and fast-price structure, this additional promoting revenue fell powerfully to the underside line, pushing profits to $498,000 in 2016. The HotCopper site is a sharemarket discussion board maybe higher identified for spruiking and rampant speculation, rather than detailed research and regarded views.
Insurance Coverage Australia Group Limited (asx :iag)
The authorized motion comes lower than two weeks after Flinders announced it will improve its strained relationship with its minority shareholders. Alfred Chan is an Analyst at Emerald Financial, specialising in ASX-listed small cap firms. ‘Up Ramping’ and ‘Down Ramping’ are frequent phrases utilized by posters amid flaming other users. For the most recent interval it additionally paid no dividend, compared to funds of 1 cent and o.5 cent per share for the two prior periods. In fairness to its house owners it did submit a web revenue of $361,000 on revenue of $2.2 million for the six month interval ending December , although both numbers were down forty six% and 10% respectively on the prior corresponding interval.